Sunday, June 20, 2010

I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

Every time I try to blow dry my hair (not often at all) it turns out poofy. I've tried brushing it while I dry, I point the dryer down, I use difusers, but it keeps ending up poofy. I see other girls blow dry thier hair and it comes out pin straight. Do I just ned practice? Any product suggestions? I use a frizz serum already...it works great.



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

use BIO SILK it helps people whit hair like that b-cz my causin has thick hair and sha uses that and when she uses that and one of those things that makes ure hair straight



its as straight as thin hair ust like my hair GOOD LUCK....LOL i hope ure hair gets better(straight)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

Your hair is going to come out poofy with a blow dryer you have to straighten it with a flat iron (straightener) afterwards it works Report It



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

use a roller brush, flipping it outward. what youre doing is letting the curls frizz. you need to keep them tamed while using the blowdryer, and a rollerbrush is best for that. try frizz-eaze



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

my sister in laws hair is like that so she just has to put it in a pony tail well a bun actually until it dries which takes a while cause its long but its not frizzy that way



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

Nah just keep on brushing it down. Why don't u use a straightener after. It will leave it cool trust me.



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

Same thing happens to me. After you blow dry it use a flat iron to smooth out your hair. I don't think you are doing it wrong, that's just how your hair dries.



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

Separate you hair into sections while drying it and brush it while drying, this will make sure that all of your hair is getting completely dry.



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

Actually all u need to do is straighten it with a flat iron ... i mean ur hair is gonna come out frizzy because of the heat being applied to the hair while its wet... i mean come on nah think ... wneva its rainin hair frizzes up and its hard to get it straight again when its hot ... same concept except their is more heat being applied to ur hair which is also damaging it...so dont always blow dry ur hair ... (i dont kno what ethnicity u are ) but i am african american and i kno that after we wash our hair all hell breaks lookse..there fore when i dont blow dry it i wrap it reallllllll tight ... ( like when u get a roller rap... except i dont do the roller part) .... GOOD LUCK *~*



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

you don't blow dry it. you let it air dry and then straighten it with a flat iron, don't wash it for a couple days and repeat. with this regiment your hair will look fabulous. invest in a good straightener, one made with ceramic plates. sometimes when my hair is drying I apply a little bit of cocoa butter and then when I straighten it is less oily than using a serum.



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

silk therapy by bio silk is good to help w/the tangles and it speeds up the drying time you can also use redkens satinwear mix the two your hair will be soft and no tangles, also use a flat paddle brush instead. you will probably need to flat iron it [get a ceramic one] after if you want it really straight remember not everyones hair is the same so this is probably going to be alot of work for you but take my advice these items work coming from a hairstylist of 14 years



I have thick hair...how do I blow dry it right?

I too have thick hair and I have to tell you it takes a LONG time to blow dry. Here's what finally worked for me: Number 1: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BRUSH!!! I use Goody's Curling Brush (a big round brush with soft bristles) 2. I use two brushes, I also use a small brush to smooth and to help me with the back of my hair. 3. IF IT AINT ABOUT THE BRUSH THEN IT'S ON THE DRYER. They cost more but you need a dryer that has a hot, medium and cool setting, with low and high speeds AND MOST IMPORTANT a cool shot button. IN ADDITION lose the difuser, you need a funnel, this is the attachment that makes the dryer have a small and narrow opening. 4. USE A MINIMUM OF HAIR PRODUCTS. Thick hair doesn't need a lot of goo. Get yourself a good leave in conditioner and use it in place of gel or mouse. I use Aveda. You say the frizz serum works, maybe that will work too. 5. Ok now we get to the process...Let your hair air dry a bit, or if you are in a hurry, blow dry on HIGH on the MEDIUM temp. You want your hair still damp, but not soaking wet. 6. Clip up your hair. I blow dry in three sections I do the back and some of the sides first, then I let down a little of the top layers, and then bangs and the rest of the sides last. 7. Use the big round brush and gather up a lock of hair, curl in up in the brush. For best results use the low setting and HOT temp. Start at the roots and slowly brush the lock down. Then curl it up again and repeat on the same lock. To keep the ends from frizzing, use the cool shot button to set the curl. Do this on your full head of hair, it takes time the first time you try this it might take you over a half hour, so be patient. To shave time I use the smaller brush on the back (because it's the sides and front that are what people look at) but you don't want to curl you hair up into a small round brush, it can get tangled and stuck. 8. Once all hair is dry, go back with the small brush and touch up any trouble areas and then smooth hair with the small brush and COOL setting on your dryer. 9. A good pomeade is a thick haired girl's best friend. Or a mud mixed with a bit of Olive Oil is great too (this is my current combo). BUT USE THESE PRODUCT SPARINGLY!! Use only on the ends and flyaways. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit