Sunday, June 20, 2010

Do you have experience with a good moisturizer for dry hair?

I wash my hair every other day with Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner. The first day, my hair is too dry, the second day it's too oily at the roots, but the ends are still dry (and brittle and split-ended.) After I shampoo and condition again, the dry-oily cycle repeats. I have naturally straight hair, and I want it to be moisturized, smooth, sleek and not weighed down. How can I achieve this?



Do you have experience with a good moisturizer for dry hair?

You need to use a good shampoo. Pantene has tons of wax that initially coats your hair and then makes it oily. The best shampoo for soft shiny hair is Redkens All Soft shampoo and conditioner.



It may seem that professional shampoos are more expensive, however, they have less water(check out the Pantene bottle, I bet water is one of the top 3 ingredients!)



If you have long hair you should have a wide tooth comb in the shower so that you can comb the conditioner through. This will save you a bunch of money on conditioner, will make your hair feel great because the conditioner will completely coat your hair and it will take about half the time to comb out after.



Do you have experience with a good moisturizer for dry hair?

Try mashing up some avocado and then letting it sit in your hair for awhile. Avocado has really lovely natural oils...after you are done..rinse it out and shampoo as normal.



Do you have experience with a good moisturizer for dry hair?

Sunsilk, which used to be Thermasilk, makes a great leave in spray conditioner. You can use it on wet or dry hair. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and it even mends the split ends. It's very light and it smells really good! I like to spray it on after I towel dry my hair. I also use it on bad hair days. Just spritz it on, fluff and it looks like I just shampooed.



I hope you try it!



Do you have experience with a good moisturizer for dry hair?

Pantene works well for me, and I have dry, frizzy hair. It sounds like you need something serious. I have found that Fudge products work GREAT. I stopped using them because they are expensive. But I would swear by them! You would have to find a salon that carried Fudge. I would by the conditioner AND the spray leave-in conditioner. You could try mayonaise (wash with hot water, mayo head, wrap with plastic wrap, leave it there for a half hour, wash it out) but it's REALLY hard to shampoo out. It worked for me but I gave up doing it because it was hard to shampoo out.



Do you have experience with a good moisturizer for dry hair?

Once a week I use a clarifying shampoo (neutrogena has a nice one, but lots of brands out there make them - in a variety of price ranges). This gets rid of weird build-up and makes my normal routine happier the rest of the week.



Biolage has a really great Conditioning Balm: http://www.matrix.com/products/biolage/h... (their normalizing shampoo might be great for you as well). They cost a bit more than what you are currently using, but i know a very little goes a long way with this conditioner - it lasts me forever.



Any shampoo/conditioner combo will work better for you if you make sure that you a. rinse extremely well - and finish with a cool water rinse, and use a clarifying shampoo occasionaly (once a week). Also you may try to just apply the conditioner to the ends and not the roots every other day.



Good luck - I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit