Friday, November 27, 2009

HELP! how do I blow dry my hair??

i usually straighten my hair but i don't want it to get damaged so i think i'll start blow drying. but i don't even know how to use the brush or anything its really hard! and how am I supposed to blow dry the under sections of my hair. please help!! and also can you give me some tips on what to do before blow drying%26gt;



HELP! how do I blow dry my hair??

After I get out of the shower I work in a quarter sized amount of heat protectant-- I like Redken's. Then I COMB, not brush out my hair. Next, I Pin up all my hair except the bottom layer. Then I use a BIG round brush and putting the brush on the underside of hair start at roots and brush down to tips, following the brush with the hair dryer. Don't put it too close though, and use medium heat. After that section is dry I let down the next layer and do the same. I pay extra close attention to the top layers and my bangs. When its all dry I brush it out, flip my head over and blow dryer a little more to give it volume. Then Finger comb down any crazies sticking up, spray with a LITTLE shine serum and you're good to go!



HELP! how do I blow dry my hair??

I'm bi-racial, so my hair isn't "kinky" but it's not completely "silky" either. I suggest getting a very high amp blow dryer with a comb attachment. Section your hair into 4 parts, start at the back and go forward. Make sure you dry your entire hair, and when you're drying start at the root and then go down (i.e. don't go against the grain)



HELP! how do I blow dry my hair??

How To Avoid Blow-Drying Screw Ups



Are you ruining your hair ever time you pick up your blow-dryer? There are lots of do's and don'ts that you should know about blow-drying your hair.



Here's How:



1. Use a wide toothed comb to prevent breakage. Your hair is most vulnerable when it is wet.



2. If you have time to spare, allow your hair to partially dry naturally.



3. If you find yourself rushed and blow-drying is a must, blot as much moisture from your hair as possible and then use the highest temperature setting. (See tip #1)



4. Finish drying your hair on medium heat or lower.



5. Be sure to point the dryer down the shaft of the hair to smooth cuticle. (See tip#2)



6. Don't hold the dryer too close to the hair.



7. Don't allow air to blow directly on the scalp. This can (in some cases) burn or dry out the scalp.



8. Too much heat on the scalp will also produce excess oil and will flatten the style.



9. Blow-dry lower sections of your hair first and keep dryer moving at all times.



10. If styling is needed, your hair needs to be a little damp... more so if your hair is curly.



11. Fine hair needs cooler temperatures.



12. To control a cowlick, wrap hair firmly around a brush in the opposite direction and blowdry. That should smooth out the cowlick by changing its direction.



13. Never allow air to flow up the hairshaft. Hair will look dull and lifeless.



Tips:



Never rub your hair with a towel. Hair can catch on the fibres, stretch and snap.



Smoothing the cuticle ensures more shine.



HELP! how do I blow dry my hair??

Please help me also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit